Friday, January 16, 2009


Discover The Power Of Knowledge
“A mind once stretched by a new idea never regains its original dimension” Oliver Wendell Holmes.

By James Lee Valentine
From The Empowered Millionaire Institute.
http://empoweredmillionaires.ning.com/profile/JoseDamasoRamon



Many individuals who strive for success make the erroneous assumption that knowledge is power and then try to acquire as much of it as possible.

They go through life wondering when they will achieve the power and subsequently attain the success they believe goes with it. Knowledge is most powerful when it is of a specialized nature and specifically acted upon for the achievement of a precise intent. Let this maxim be an empowering reminder: Knowledge plus ACTION equals POWER.

In business, for example, the more specialized knowledge one possesses about a particular field and the more specific the associated actions, the greater the chance of directing the enterprise along the path of good fortune being sought.

One’s recognition of certain opportunities within that particular business will develop the self confidence necessary to move forward with the precise action steps required to be successful in that field.

Specialized knowledge comes from study and learning and from education through the many sources of information available to all. These include:

Further education.-
Communicating with knowledge people.
Through one’s experiences and education.
Attending specialized seminars and informative workshops.

Knowledge by itself has little value. The worth is gained from the application of the knowledge towards some worthy objective. Therefore, as knowledge is acquired, for the greatest results it shall be applied to a definite purpose through practical plans of action. Remember, knowledge alone is of little value it must be combined with ACTION to release its full power.

I shall make my life a never ending Discovery.

If learning is a continuous process, then life should be a never ending discovery. Each and every day is a new beginning for the achievers, the winners, and for those who aspire to reach excellence. The non achievers and the losers face life on a day to day as just another in their struggle for survival. They have no vision, no direction and little hope. Their greatest challenge is to go through the day, as opposed to getting from it, and they drift into a life of mediocrity. They do nothing to improve themselves; thus becoming merely average. They do not care and neither does anyone else.

For me as an empowered Millionaire, I shall posses the mindset of the winner who knows that learning is a continuous process, making my life a never ending discovery. As long as I am capable of breathing, I am capable of learning and experiencing new and different things. From today, I shall develop the winning discipline of not allowing any day to end without increasing my mental storehouse of life’s experiences. I shall receive each new day with an attitude of openness asking myself : “ What something new can I learn today and what can I experience different”? Then I shall allow myself to grow as an individual who loves life, for life truly is a never ending discovery, generating its treasure house of inspiring ideas for me.

These are the three keys that will jump – start the generating of ideas from the treasure house of life. Ideas that are available to all who earnestly seek positive revolution for their lives and to all who are prepared to expend the effort to go after it:

Learn to search.
Learn to capture.
Learn to study.

1.- Learn to Search.

Searching is the only sure fire way to find the information that will lead to life changing ideas. I shall begin now to develop this illuminating habit of searching for the things that can help me along the road to success. I shall attend motivating and inspiring seminars, go to insightful and though provoking training classes, listening to stimulating and empowering audio-programs, read informative and uplifting books, and engage in purposeful conversations with individuals of means and substance. It has been said that in order to discover something, I must look for it.

Well, with diligent searching, these creative approaches will provide the never ending stream of breakthrough ideas necessary for accomplishing my objective no matter how much something is desired. Remember that I will never find it until I search for it.

2.- Learn to capture.

Whenever I think of a good idea, I should not trust my memory. Instead, I shall capture the thought by writing it immediately. Whenever I hear something of value, I shall write it. From this moment forth, I shall carry a journal and pen with me at all times. I shall perform this winning discipline that can lead to success be recording every idea may appear, I shall write it in my journal –today.

The importance of this positive habit can not be emphasized enough and can lead to an ever increasing spring of wealth creating ideas coming to mind. Literally, the more ideas I write, the greater the number I will continue to generate ideas once captures give rise to a multiplying source of worthy thoughts, concepts, beliefs and philosophies aiding me in fully maximizing my goal reaching potential.

3.- Learn To Study

The fundamental process of knowing what information I need and gathering it is one of the keys to manifesting an abundant life. If I desire to be successful, I shall study success. Likewise, if I wish to be happy I shall study happiness. Neither success nor happiness are accidents. They are first a study, then a practice, then a realization. If I wish to be wealthy, I must study wealth. Have a guess how many people make wealth a study? Right, very few. Since success, happiness and wealth are all values to cultivate, I must make it a winning discipline of mine to study them.

Major keys for positive life transformation and information and ideas. So I shall make study a winning discipline and develop creative ideas from credible sources of information. If here is any void in my life, it is not because I lack opportunities and resources , or the enthusiasm that can be generated at a moments notice, it is because I lack the ideas that would have taken shape from the information I could have studied but otherwise close not to. But I always have a choice. So I shall choose to study. As Orison Sweet Marden stated: “ How shall I get ideas? Keep your wits open, observe, study but above all, think.” I shall keep on learning.

I Shall Keep On Learning.

Benjamin Franklin, the great American scientist, publisher and diplomat, once said that if a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. What he was alluding to is that an investment in knowledge and personal improvement always creates the most value. What I can take from his wise words are that just because I may be an expert in one particular field of business or extremely knowledgeable in a specific industry, this does not mean I should stop learning, exploring and understanding all the other non related areas I have not mastered. I must learn to examine and analyze other realms of interest. The moment I can open myself up to exploration and discovery in the instant my wealth building process will really turn on.

Learning is mental food – in fact it is often known as food for thought. As such it is important to nourish my mind with good, clean, pure, positive and powerful learning, I just I nourish my body with healthy and wholesome food. It is said that to read without reflecting is like eating without digesting. I must become intrigued and develop a desire to know more about the wondrous world within which I live. I must develop a passion for increasing my knowledge because learning is weightless - wisdom is the lightest treasure , one which I can easily carry.

No comments: